Cardiff vs Blackburn
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 7 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium (Cardiff)
Cardiff is holding onto the payoff spot right now. Because the table is so closely packed they are under pressure. There is only three points that keep them on top of Derby County who are currently in prime form currently.
The visitors are 11th in the points table after 41 rounds. Currently, with a three-match losing run going on, they have narrow chances of winning this one. Especially after losing three back to back matches on the road, they are likely to lose this one also.
Cardiff vs Blackburn: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cardiff remains unbeaten against this opposition in over 15 years.
- The last time Blackburn won this fixture was back in January 2005.
- Both sides found the back of the net in 5 of their last 7 clashes.
- Cardiff has a two-match winning streak going on against Blackburn at home.
- They have never lost in any of the six competitive head to head matches here.
- Blackburn has lost all three previous league matches on the road.
Cardiff vs Blackburn: Prediction
Blackburn Rovers has lost all but one of their last five league fixtures. The only win came against Bristol City who is placed mid-table. But the most shocking result was the away defeat to relegation placed Barnsley. At the same time, Cardiff has not lost a game in the Championship since February. So based on their home form I am backing the hosts to get all three points in this one.
In three back to back defeats Blackburn was unable to net at least a goal. Two of those games were against Barnsley who is in the relegation and the other was Wigan. If they could not score past two of the weakest defenses in the competition I do not see them scoring on Tuesday. Also, in three recent head to head games at this ground only one team scored and it was not them. So we can expect only one team to get the goals in this game.
Cardiff vs Blackburn: Betting Tips
- The home team to win @ 1.53 (6/11).
- Both teams to score: No @ 2.00 (1/1).