Cardiff City vs Leeds United
England – Championship
Date: Sunday, 15 March 2020
Kick-Off at 13:00 UK/ 14:00 CET
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium (Cardiff)
The high flying Leeds United will be in action this Sunday against Cardiff at the Cardiff City stadium.
The hosts are still in contention for a promotion playoff spot. They are just 2 points from reaching that position but the recent results have hit them hard.
The Whites are a hard team to break especially when they are on a 5 match winning streak. They have shut down all their opponents in those matches and kept things neat at the back. Leeds will be looking for a win and increase the lead against West Brom.
Cardiff City vs Leeds United: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cardiff has won 3 and is unbeaten in their last 4 meetings against Leeds.
- Leeds won this fixture previously in September 2016.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored and both teams scored in their 3 recent meetings.
- The reverse fixture ended as a draw with both sides scoring 3 goals each.
- Cardiff has won 3 and lost twice when they hosted Leeds in 5 previous h2h games.
- Leeds United scored in all of their 7 visits to this ground.
- Both teams scored in 5 of their 7 previous meetings at this ground as well.
- Leeds has an active 5 match win streak in the Championship.
Cardiff City vs Leeds United: Prediction
Looking at the head to head stats, there is a considerable advantage for the team playing at home. In 60% of those games, the home team was victorious, while the visitors won 20% of the matches. But looking at the present form of the Whites a home win will not be easy to come by.
An away win against Barnsley who is at the bottom of the table is nothing to brag about. Also against teams like Nottingham, they failed to trouble the scores. On the contrary, Leeds has a 5 match win streak and has clean sheets in 5 matches also. So I am backing a win for the visitors with a clean sheet.
Cardiff City vs Leeds United: Betting Tips
- Leeds to win @ 1.87 (7/8).
- Clean sheet for Leeds United @ 2.38 (11/8).