Cagliari vs Lecce
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 12 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:30 UK/ 19:30 CET
Venue: Sardegna Arena.
The home team has no win in the last three league games. But with Lecce coming up they will have hopes of getting back to winning ways.
The hosts are coming into this match after the goalless draw against Fiorentina. If they win this one they could possibly get into the top ten.
Lecce has stunned the Lazio supporters in their latest meeting. The 2-1 home defeat to Lecce has cot Lazio a chance at the title.
This win ended a six-match losing run for Lecce. This has given them a massive morale boost for sure. What we have to see is that if they could continue it away from home.
Cagliari vs Lecce: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cagliari has two wins and a loss in the last five meetings with this opposition.
- More than 2.5 goals came in four of those five matches across all venues.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all four of those games as well.
- The reverse fixture ended as a 2-2 draw, back in November 2019.
- The visitors have a win and three defeats in five previous trips to this ground.
- The last two head to head games here saw more than 2.5 goals at full time.
- The home team was unbeaten in 8 of the 9 clashes with Lecce at home ground.
- The visitors have lost all three recent league games on the road.
Cagliari vs Lecce: Prediction
In their first season at the top tier, Lecce is going from bad to worse. They are hanging on for dear life with just a handful of matches to go. From the 31 rounds, they have lost 17 matches and have only 7 wins to boast of.
With a losing streak going on away from home currently, they are likely to lose again on Sunday.
Even though the hosts have lost three recent home matches those were against some stronger opposition in the country. So I am backing the hosts to win this one comfortably.
The Yellow and Reds have displayed their attacking intent against the mighty Lazio. They have scored in recent away games against Sassuolo and Napoli as well.
The majority of goals that Cagliari scored came in their home matches. So we can expect goals from both of them in this tie.
Cagliari vs Lecce: Betting Tips
Cagliari to win @ 1.75 (3/4).
Both teams to score @ 1.53 (6/11).