Cagliari vs Crotone
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Sunday, 2 October 2016
Kick-Off: 14:00 UK,
Venue: Stadio Sant’Elia (Cagliari).
Cagliari will be looking to continue their slow climb up the table at the expense of struggling Crotone when they welcome the debutants to the Stadio Sant’Elia this Sunday.
Both sides make up two-thirds of the newly promoted teams in Serie A this term. However, the Rossoblu appear to be starting to find their footing, whilst Crotone continue to flounder. Cagliari come into this game having earned a hard-fought 2-1 win over Sampdoria. And whilst there may have been an element of luck to the game-winning goal due to a goalkeeper error, three points are three points. That win marked the second victory for the Sardinian side, whose sole goal is simply to stay afloat this term.
Well, they will have a good chance to make it two wins on the trot for the first time this season against Crotone. It has been nothing short of a nightmare debut for the Serie A newbies, who have yet to win a single game this season. They remain rooted to the bottom of the table with just one point, and were crushed 4-0 in their last away fixture against Roma.
For all intents and purposes, the international hiatus could not come sooner for the players, the manager, and the team’s fans. That being said, there are still many more rounds to go, but the team will be hoping just to get through this game and use the break to re-group and re-assess their strategy for the next 30 rounds.
Cagliari vs Crotone Head-to-head statistics
- There has yet to be a draw between these two sides. Three wins for Crotone and three for Cagliari dating back to their first meeting in Serie B.
- Discipline seems to be a problem. Four out of their last six meetings have seen red cards.
- Crotone have lost five out of their last six Serie A ties.
- Cagliari have been leading at HT and FT in their last three home ties versus Crotone.
- The Rossoblu have scored at least two goals in their past four home games, and in their last three against Crotone.
Cagliari vs Crotone: Prediction
Cagliari have never lost at home against Crotone, and this Sunday does not appear to be any different. Expect the Rossoblu to take care of business without too much fuss and pick up a much-needed three points to keep working their way as far away from the relegation zone as possible.
Cagliari vs Crotone: Betting tips
- Cagliari to win at 4/7 (1.57)
- Over 2.5 goals at 13/20 (1.65).