Cagliari vs Atalanta
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 5 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:30 UK/ 19:30 CET
Venue: Sardegna Arena.
The hosts have won and lost six games each at home this season. Currently, they are 9th in the table and have a big gap between them and the Europa League qualification spot. But with teams like Napoli and AC Milan in contention for it, they have to settle for a top ten finish.
Atalanta is the top scorers in this Serie A, league season. They have scored far more than the reigning champions Juventus. Their last league action saw them defeat a strong Napoli team at home. Considering their performance in that match Cagliari will not be a fitting rival for them in this game. With a huge gap with nearest rivals AS Roma, they have guaranteed a place in Champions League next season.
Cagliari vs Atalanta: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cagliari won the reverse fixture back in November with a score of 0-2.
- They have three wins and two defeats in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- All those five matches had a score with fewer than 2.5 goals in total.
- Atalanta has won in three of their last 5 trips to this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those five head to head games here.
- The visitors are on a 7 match win streak in the league.
Cagliari vs Atalanta: Prediction
The head to head stats shows that in the majority of their games only team got in the score sheet. But things are very much different since the last time they met. The visitors are the frontrunners in terms of scoring. But in six of their latest games on the road, they have conceded even though they have won most of them. Similarly, Cagliari has scored past teams like Roma and Torino in recent home matches. So we can see goals from both teams on Sunday.
Atalanta will be looking for revenge for the defeat at home. They have the best away record this season losing only once in 14 matches on the road. Meanwhile, the recent home win for the hosts came after a 5 match unbeaten run. They have lost against Napoli, Lazio, and AC Milan recently in their home soil. So I am backing both teams to score with the visitors winning comfortably.
Cagliari vs Atalanta: Betting Tips
- Atalanta to win @ 1.57 (4/7).
- Both teams to score @ 1.57 (4/7).