Burton Albion vs Wycombe
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 14 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Pirelli Stadium (Burton upon Trent)
On their second home game this week Burton Albion will host Wycombe this Saturday. A win is a must for the Brewers who are winless in 3 matches on the trot. Their only win in 5 recent league games came against s struggling Southend United.
Wycombe had some defeats in the recent past. They are fresh from a loss against Doncaster away from home. With a playoff spot within grabs, they will need to perform better in defense.
Burton Albion vs Wycombe: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Burton has won 3 and lost twice against this opposition.
- Wycombe won the reverse fixture at their backyard with a score of 2-0.
- Both sides scored in 3 of the last 5 meetings across all venues.
- All three of those games also had over 2.5 goals in total.
- The Brewers are on a 4 match win streak against the Blues at this ground.
- They kept a clean sheet in 3 of those matches.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those 5 games as well.
- Wycombe’s only win here came way back in October 2010.
Burton Albion vs Wycombe: Prediction
Wycombe has lost 6 of their last 7 away games. In 16 away games this season they have 7 defeats and 4 wins to show for. Burton Albion has only lost 3 of their 17 matches in front of their home crowd. They are unbeaten in 7 consecutive home games with a 5 match drawing streak going on. So I am backing the hosts to win this one adding their head to head stats as well.
Burton kept a clean sheet in 3 of their last 4 wins. Also, visitors have trouble getting goals away from home. In 6 of their recent matches on the road, Wycombe failed to get a goal. They have only 11 goals in 16 away games which is the least number after Bolton Wanderers. So I am pretty sure about the score being one-sided with only one team scoring.
Burton Albion vs Wycombe: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.90 (9/10).
- Home team to win @ 1.57 (4/7).