Burnley vs West Ham
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Turf Moor.
West Ham continue to be one of the best teams in the English top flight this season, and they really have put their names into consideration for a top-four finish as of now.
However, other contenders have stepped up their efforts, and the team is now under pressure to keep delivering good performances.
This weekend, they have a great opportunity to post the three points on the board rather easily – considering they are taking on one of the worst teams in the league – Burnley.
Keep in mind that the win will have to be earned. But by all indications, the Hammers are looking like the favorites.
Burnley vs West Ham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-2 win for the Hammers.
- They are also on a two-game winning streak, and had kept a clean sheet in one of those games.
- At this venue, the hosts have won just twice since 2010.
- Since 2004, just twice have the hosts kept a clean sheet at this ground.
Burnley vs West Ham Prediction & Analysis
Burnley lost 1-0 on the road the last match-day, against Newcastle. And incidentally, this was the first ever win for the Magpies in the 2021-22 edition of the PL.
Going on, they were winless in 16 of the past 18 overall fixtures, and they have won just twice at home since January. One of these wins had come in the EFL Cup, against a team from the lower division.
On the other hand, the Hammers recorded a 3-2 win at home the last game week in the PL, against none other than reigning European champions Chelsea.
They have also been scoring goals in plenty this season, and really have been a different breed of performer on the road all along.
Taking into account these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a win for West Ham this Sunday at the Turf Moor.
Key Stats for Betting
- West Ham are placed fourth in the table at the moment, and only the three title contenders have scored more goals than them so far – Chelsea, Manchester City, and Liverpool.
- The Hammers have lost just twice on the road so far – and one of these losses had come against defending champions Manchester City.
- Meanwhile, Burnley are placed 18th in the table – in the relegation zone. They have won just once all through the campaign. This sole victory had come against the recently-promoted Brentford.
Tips for Burnley vs West Ham
West Ham to Win @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by West Ham @ 1.90 (9/10).