Brondby vs Midtjylland
Denmark Cup Semifinal
Date: Thursday, 26th April 2018
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Brondby Stadion.
The top two teams in Denmark Brondby and Midtjylland are drawn against each other for a place in the final of domestic cup. Brondby go into this game as clear favourites on the back of their excellent run coupled with the game being played at their home turf.
BIF have been simply superb this season and are perfectly poised to win the league title while Midtjylland are just behind them taking the heavy weights FC Copenhagen out of the equation.
The previous round of the cup competition saw both teams winning their game in added extra time.
Brondby were away at SoenderjyskE and a last-minute goal from Christian Norgaard settling the tie by a 1-0 margin.
The Wolves, on the other hand, got through Hobro by a 2-1 margin, all three goals falling in the extra time.
Brondby are on a prolonged unbeaten run combined cup and league fixtures. Their last defeat happened at Aarhus back in August 2017.
Midtjylland cannot boast of a similar run, yet their two recent defeats were handed by none other than their Thursday’s opponent.
Brondby vs Midtjylland: Head-to-head
- Brondby won their last three matches against Midtjylland.
- The Wolves have only 1 win to show for in the last 8 h2h meetings with the BIF.
- Seven of their last 8 h2h clashed saw over 2.5 goals and both teams scored in 6 of them.
- At home, Brondby are unbeaten in the last 8 with 5 wins and 3 draws.
Brondby vs Midtjylland: Predictions
I cannot see anything other than a Brondby win this fixture as they rose miles ahead of other teams in the country this season. To add to this, their home record this season is simply superb with an unbeaten run in all competitions including the UEFA Europa League.
Brondby vs Midtjylland: Bet Tips
- FT – Brondby to win @ 1.87 with 10Bet
- Both teams to Score @ 1.71 with the same firm.