Bristol City vs Sheffield Wednesday
Date: Sunday, 28 June 2020
Kick-Off at 12:00 UK/ 13:00 CET
Venue: Ashton Gate Stadium.
Bristol still has the chance to get into the playoffs. They are two points away from the final playoff spot but with current form they are not likely to get there. Currently they are without a win in 6 matches on the trot. This includes 4 defeats, the latest coming against Blackburn Rovers away from home.
Sheffield unlike their city rivals who play in the Premier League are nowhere near the top 10. After two consecutive losses they managed to draw the latest clash against Nottingham. But a winless run is still active on the road.
Bristol City vs Sheffield Wednesday: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sheffield has won three recent meetings against this opposition.
- Bristol previously won this fixture back in March 2018.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of their last 5 head to head matches.
- The hosts have two wins and a loss in 5 previous clashes at this ground.
- The last 4 meetings here saw a final score with over 2.5 goals.
- Both sides also found the back of the net in four of those five games as well.
Bristol City vs Sheffield Wednesday: Prediction
It is hard to predict a clear winner based on their respective forms. But the owls have won all three previous meetings with Bristol. But the visitors have only one win in their last 10 league matches. They have a three-game winless run also going on at present. Similarly, the home side has lost too many games in recent weeks.
In the majority of their head to head games here, both sides found the back of the net. The recent defeats for both the teams were the result of weak defensive units.
Bristol has conceded in 6 league games consecutively before coming into this one. Sheffield has also given away goals in four recent games. So, I am backing a Double Chance for either a draw or Sheffield wining with both teams scoring.
Bristol City vs Sheffield Wednesday: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Draw or Sheffield to win @ 1.50 (1/2).
Both teams to score @ 1.75 (3/4).