Bristol City vs QPR
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 12th February 2019
Kick-off at 19.45 UK/ 20.45 CET
Venue: Ashton Gate Stadium (Bristol).
2019 is really turning out to be the Robins’ year. Since the very first day of January, the team has won every single time they have lined up on the pitch, be it at home, or on the road. Their efforts are surely being rewarded with the squad getting a chance to place themselves at the sixth spot, the final position which allows participation in the post-season playoffs.
The Hoops are a mixed bag of results, whereas there’s no such confusion in away ties. Consistently they have produced lackluster results on the road. In the last three months, they have registered just a single victory away from home. The lucky win came against Nottingham Forest, for a 0-1 scoreline.
Bristol City vs QPR Head-to-head (h2h)
- Lee Johnson’s men have not lost against this opponent in the past two years and counting.
- 17 of the last 18 games saw the hosts of the day getting on the scoresheet.
- The Rs have not registered a win at this venue in the last 17 years.
- Since the turn of the millennium, the Ashton Gate Stadium has not witnessed a game where the hosts failed to score.
- The reverse leg of this tie, in this year’s Championship, ended in an away win for the team from the city of Bristol. The final score was 0-3.
- Eight of the last thirteen fixtures and five of the last seven at this stadium ended with goals from both sides.
Bristol City vs QPR Prediction
The Robins have not lost an h2h tie at this venue for the last 17 years and has not failed to score against this opponent, in front of their home crowd, in the 21st century at all. Additionally, the team won the reverse leg of this match-up, with a 0-3 scoreline, on the road.
Furthermore, they are on an unbeaten run of 14 overall matches, and eight home-ties. More frighteningly, they are on a winning streak of eight fixtures, and five at home. The Rangers, on the other hand, has managed to win just once in their last six overall match-ups, and once in their last nine on the road.
There’s little chance that the visitors will cause an upset.
Since Lee Johnson’s men have not scored more than two goals in their last 13 matches in a row, and 14 home-ties consecutively, and only once in their last 26 fixtures, and only once in their last 21 home-ties, I expect them to score two goals at most. Again, since 8 of the last 13 h2h games, and five of the last seven at the Ashton Gate Stadium, ended with goals at either end of the pitch, I expect the visitors to find the back of the net as well.
Reading together both of these inferences, and the prediction that the hosts are about to record a win, the deduction is the scoreline will be 2-1, in favor of the Robins.
Bristol City vs QPR Betting Tips
Both Teams to Score @ 1.80 (4/5)
Correct Score: 2-1, Bristol City @ 8.50 (15/2).