Bristol City vs Hull City
England – League Cup
Date: Tuesday, 25th October 2016,
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK
Venue: Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol.
Bristol City will be hosting Hull City at Ashton Gate on Tuesday night for the Round of 16 clash in English League Cup. They will consider themselves not to have drawn against one of the big guns for the league at this stage of the tournament.
Bristol City will enter the game from a narrow victory at home over Blackburn Rovers on Saturday’s Championship clash. The win got them back to winning ways after 2 successive defeats the previous week. Furthermore, they have been on a good form recently with 3 wins and defeats in their last 5 games. They will be hoping to grab a win against a struggling Hull City to progress to next stage of the competition.
Hull City will be looking forward to a win in this game, as they have been on a losing streak in the League. They will enter this game from a 0-2 home defeat at the hands of Stoke City on Saturday. A win in this game will take them to the next stage of the competition and also help boost their Morale for league games.
Bristol City vs Hull City: Head to Head statistics
- Both teams have played a total of 15 games in the past, but this will be their first meeting in the League Cup.
- Their previous meetings have been shared equally among them, they have won 5 games each and drawn 5 times.
- They have both scored equal amount of goals (19) against each other.
- At Ashton gates, Bristol City have won 4 games against Hull City, drawn 2 and lost 2.
- Their last 5 games have been dominated by Hull City, with 3 wins and 2 draws.
Bristol City vs Hull City: Prediction
Despite being on a poor run of form and struggling in the Premier League, Hull City are slight favourites in this game. Considering their recent games against each other, coupled with the fact they are playing in English top league.
However, Hull will have the chance of knowing what a victory tastes like, as they haven’t won any game since 24th of September. The game will be a tough one, but Hull will have themselves to blame if they fail to win this one.
Bristol City vs Hull City: Betting Tips
Hull City to win at 9/4 (3.25)
Over 1.5 goals for Hull City at 7/4 (2.75).