Bristol City vs Hull City
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Ashton Gate Stadium (Bristol)
The home team is going through a 4 game losing streak, which makes them winless in 9 consecutive league games. They had to face some of the top teams in those four matches. But after this disappointing spell of play, they have lost the chance to get into one of the playoff positions.
The visitors are on the verge of the relegation zone. They could be sucked into the wrong end of the table if they lose any more games. The recent league action saw them lose to the strong West Brom.
Bristol City vs Hull: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Bristol City remains unbeaten in the last 5 meetings against this opposition.
- Both sides found the back of the net in four of those five games.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches as well.
- The last time the Tigers won this fixture was back in October 2016.
- The visitors have two wins in their five previous travels to this ground.
- Both sides scored in four of those five recent head to head matches as well.
- Three of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Hull City has no wins in recent seven away games in the league on the trot.
Bristol City vs Hull: Prediction
The home team is carrying a four-match losing streak. They have not won in any of their league games since February. Such a record also exists at their home soil where they are winless in four games on the trot. Two of their three wins here in recent times came against relegation placed teams like Luton Town and Barnsley.
Hull City is also finding it hard to win league games. Currently, they are winless in 7 games on the road. With the majority of these matches being defeats, they have few chances of winning this one also. So we can expect this match to end as a draw on Wednesday.
Despite losing back to back matches the visitors have scored in eight of their recent competitive games. Even being at the top of the table they have scored more than 55 goals, which is better than many mid-table teams. The home teams also have enough firepower to break a defense which has conceded over 70 goals. So I am backing both teams to score in this upcoming tie.
Bristol City vs Hull: Betting Tips
Match to draw @ 3.60 (13/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.70 (7/10).