Bristol City vs Cardiff
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Ashton Gate Stadium (Bristol)
The home team is coming into this match after a third consecutive defeat in the league. They are currently 12th in the table with 15 wins and defeats each. Like most other teams in this competition, they have also given away more goals than they scored so far.
Cardiff is in need of wins to ensure their place in the playoffs. They are constantly under pressure from Derby who is just a point below them. With the hosts in a poor run of form, Cardiff will possibly get all three points in this one.
Bristol City vs Cardiff: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cardiff has three wins and two defeats in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Both teams found the back of the net in three of those five games.
- All three of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Cardiff has won in three of their five recent visits to this ground.
- Four of those five matches had more than 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
- Both sides scored in all four of those head to head games as well.
- Bristol is currently on an 8 match winless run in the league.
- Cardiff is unbeaten in their 5 latest league fixtures.
Bristol City vs Cardiff: Prediction
The visitors may be aiming at revenge for the defeat in the reverse fixture. But they have improved from that point of time and have an unbeaten streak going on right now. Since they are still in contention for a chance of promotion, they will be the better side on the pitch. If the hosts managed to win this one it will a shocker considering their current winless form. They have not won a single league game since early February.
Despite losing consistently the hosts have netted goals in the majority of their latest matches. They have scored in five of their six recent games, both home and away. Cardiff has shown their attacking talent against Leeds and Preston in recent games. So I am backing the visitors to win with both teams getting goals.
Bristol City vs Cardiff: Betting Tips
Away team to win @ 1.62 (5/8).
Both teams to score @ 1.75 (3/4).