Brisbane Roar vs Western Sydney Wanderers
Date: Saturday 28 January, 2017
Kick-Off: 7:50pm AEDT/ 8:50am UK
Venue: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.
Western Sydney Wanderers will travel to Brisbane to take on Brisbane Roar at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday the 28th of January.
The Roar are in fourth spot on the table with 24 points while the Wanderers are in seventh spot with 18 points.
Last round was great for Brisbane as they won 1-0 away against Wellington Phoenix.
It was a similar result for Western Sydney as they beat Newcastle Jets 2-0.
Brisbane Roar vs Western Sydney Wanderers: Head-To-Head Statistics
- The Wanderers have a slight lead in the head-to-head record with 7 wins compared to Brisbane’s 6.
- There have been 4 draws that have been played which have happened in their past 2 meetings.
- Last time these sides met was in round 12 of this season where the game ended 1-1.
- Western Sydney have not beaten the Roar in Brisbane since round 22 of the 2014/15 season.
- Brisbane have the last win in these meetings which was at Suncorp Stadium last season.
Brisbane Roar vs Western Sydney Wanderers: Predictions
History shows that this game will be a close contest. Both teams will be coming into this game with confidence after wins last round so we should expect high quality football.
Brisbane are looking to control the game from the start and create plenty of passes to get their forwards every opportunity to score.
A spot in finals is what Western Sydney are fighting for and we should see them work hard to make sure that Brisbane do not get any space.
A win for the Roar could see them move to third spot while a Wanderers win will see the move into the top 6.
Since their previous 2 meetings this season have ended in draws, this match between Brisbane Roar and Western Sydney Wanderers should end in another draw.
Brisbane Roar vs Western Sydney Wanderers: Bet Tips
Draw at 3.60 (13/5)
Correct Score: 1-1 at 7.00 (6/1).