Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC
Australia – A-League
Date: Monday, 10 August 2020
Kick-Off at 10:30 UK/ 11:30 CET
Venue: ANZ Stadium (Sydney).
Roar needs to win all remaining games and hopes the teams above them lose one or two of theirs. That is the only way they could directly get into a Play-Offs semi-final without taking the long route. Currently, they are on a two-match unbeaten run with the latest game against the Nix ending as a draw.
The visitors have already reserved their seats in the Play-Offs and are the first team to do so. They have a nine-point lead over nearest rivals Melbourne City. But in recent weeks they are struggling to get wins and cement their position at the top.
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sydney has a two-match winning streak going on against this opposition.
- They have won three and lost two in five previous head to head games.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches.
- Both teams found the back of the net in three of those games as well.
- Sydney has won in two of their last five trips to this ground.
- All three latest clashes here produced more than 2.5 goals at full time.
- The visitors are winless in three league games on the road right now.
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC: Prediction
The away side won both the two previous encounters with Roar. But both of those matches were held in front of the Sydney home fans. Even though they are at the top of the table currently, they failed to make an impact in three recent league games. A similar problem exists in their away season as well. So I think it will be safe to go for a double Chance for either a draw or the visitors winning.
The recent defeat to Adelaide United was the first time Roar lost a match at home since December 2019. They have never failed to score in any game during that spell regardless of the end result. Since the away team has been conceding consistently over the last few weeks I think we can expect goals at both ends of the field.
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Draw or Sydney FC to win @ 1.50 (1/2).
Both teams to score @ 1.60 (3/5).