Brisbane Roar FC vs Melbourne City FC
Australia – A-League
Date: Saturday, 11 January 2020
Kick-off at 06:00 UK/ 07:00 CET
Venue: Suncorp Stadium (Brisbane).
With their recent meeting this season turning in favor of the host, Brisbane Roar will be closer to the three points than Melbourne City at Suncorp Stadium.
- Brisbane Roar FC form: 11 matches – 3 wins – 3 draws – 5 losses – 12 points.
- Melbourne City FC form: 12 matches – 7 wins – 1 draw – 4 losses – 22 points.
Brisbane Roar FC vs Melbourne City FC Head-to-head (h2h)
- The City has recorded three of the last five wins in their clashes.
- The team that hosts have stayed unbeaten in their prior five meetings.
- The host has lost only once at home in the past eight matches.
- Their previous encounter awarded a 4-3 home win for Roar.
- Brisbane Roar FC vs Melbourne City FC Prediction
Brisbane Roar had defeated WS Wanderers on the road in their previous league encounter with a 2-1 scoreline. Meanwhile, Melbourne City will be visiting after a 3-2 win at home against Western United in their prior match.
Moreover, Brisbane Roar will be playing their fifth home match this season in the A-league. As such, it is too soon to comment on their form at home in the campaign.
However, the Roar has won two of the four home matches so far. Significantly, the Roar has defeated Melbourne City in one of their home matches earlier this season. So, the host will be confident to face them once more at home.
On the other hand, Melbourne City has lost two of their six away games in the league so far. Also, they lost their previous away match in their league schedule.
Even though the City is the second best away team in the league currently, their earlier loss to the Roar at the same conditions makes them weaker in the match.
As such, with their home ground advantage, Brisbane Roar has more chance of winning the game in ninety minutes. However, Melbourne City cannot be written off since they have a good overall form in the league.
Hence, it is safer to go with a double chance in the clash with both teams likely to score goals in the match.
Brisbane Roar FC vs Melbourne City FC Betting tips
Double chance: Brisbane Roar or Draw @ 1.57 (4/7).
Both teams to score @ 1.50 (1/2).