Brentford vs Wigan
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Griffin Park (London)
Brentford has closed in on West Brom for that automatic promotion spot. Since the latter is out of form the hosts can easily surpass them if they keep the current form going. Currently, they are on a 5 match unbeaten run with three of them being back to back wins.
Wigan is on a purple patch after being unbeaten in five recent games. With just a handful of matches to go, they can get into the top ten if they manage to win the rest of the games. But they have not won at this ground for more than a decade.
Brentford vs Wigan: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Brentford is unbeaten in their last three meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of their five previous clashes.
- Wigan previously won this fixture was back in January 2017.
- The hosts have never lost in three latest head to head matches at this ground.
- In four of the last five clashes here the score had less than 2.5 goals.
- Brentford is on a 4 match winning streak in the league right now.
- Wigan is also on an active 9 game unbeaten run in the league.
Brentford vs Wigan: Prediction
Both sides are on unbeaten runs both at home and away respectively. The home side has a slight edge over Wigan in head to head games. At the same time, Wigan has not lost its last five matches on the road. They have defeated top teams like West Brom during that period. But when compared t the hem form of Brentford they have a poor away run as they lost half of their away fixtures this season. So based on a home advantage I am backing the hosts to win this one comfortably.
The current form of Wigan is mainly due to their scoring spree. They have scored past some of the toughest defenses in the league like toppers Leeds and West Brom. So I believe they will have chances in this tie with the hosts conceding goals in recent matches at this ground. So I am backing both teams to get goals on Saturday.
Brentford vs Wigan: Betting Tips
- Bretford to win @ 1.55 (6/11).
- Both teams to score @ 1.97 (1/1).