Brentford vs West Ham United
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 10 April 2022
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Brentford Community Stadium.
Five teams are now locked in for the fourth spot in the English top flight, which would afford an entry into the Champions League, and the Hammers are currently placed sixth. Even if they are not able to secure a top-four finish, a top-six finish would allow them to represent the league in Europe.
But they need to be wary of the threat posed by the seventh-placed Manchester United, who have a game in hand.
Likely, a win is a must for the team, and this Sunday they have kind of a favorable fixture.
Brentford are placed in the mid-table, with no realistic way to make it to Europe, or get relegated. It would be unwise to think that they are going to deliver a do-or-die performance this weekend.
The Hammers should cash in on this opportunity. They have a good h2h record against this rival, and they have also been the much better team over the course of the campaign.
Consequentially, expect a hard-fought win for West Ham this Sunday.
Brentford vs West Ham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Hammers won three of the past four encounters.
- They have lost just once in the past three decades.
- They had scored two or more goals in two of the past four clashes.
- The latest match-up at this stadium had ended in a 0-1 win for the guests.
Brentford vs West Ham Prediction & Analysis
Brentford did win 1-4 on the road the last match-day, against Chelsea.
But they were winless in 11 of their past 14 overall fixtures, and in the process they had gone on a six-game losing streak, as well as three-match losing stretch. Note that they were also winless in six of their past eight appearances at home.
On the other hand, West Ham won 2-1 at home the past game week, against Everton. They had also won three of their past four games, and they had slotted in two or more goals in three of their former four fixtures.
Going on, they also have a phenomenal h2h record against this foe over the years.
Judging these observations, expect a win for West Ham this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Hammers have not failed to find the back of the net in their last four games.
- In fact, they had scored two or more goals in three of their past four fixtures.
- Meanwhile, Brentford have won just once at this venue in the past three-month period.
Tips for Brentford vs West Ham
West Ham to Win @ 2.60 (8/5)
Correct Score: 2-0 West Ham @ 13.00 (12/1).