Brentford vs Preston
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 15 July 2020
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Griffin Park (London)
The hosts are on a 7 match winning streak currently in the league. They are third in the table still competing for automatic promotion with West Brom. There are only three points between them so every result matters for both of them.
Preston North End is 8th in the table with a narrow chance to get into the playoff spot. Their latest league action saw them draw Nottingham Forest at home. This result will have given them a boost in confidence but the upcoming opposition is hard to break through.
Brentford vs Preston: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both teams have two wins each in their five previous meetings.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three matches during that spell too.
- Preston won the reverse fixture with a final score of 2-0 back in September 2019.
- The hosts are unbeaten in the last six head to head games at this ground. (W5, D1)
- Preston has only one win in their eight trips to this ground in all competitions.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 5 of those 8 clashes here.
Brentford vs Preston: Prediction
The hosts are in their prime form in the league right now. They have never lost a game since February. They are second to none, especially in home form. From the 21 home matches, they have 13 wins and only three defeats.
At the same time, the visitors have only one win in their nine previous league outings. So I am backing the home side to bag all three points and extend their winning run.
Preston has scored in their recent two matches after a goal drought in the previous two. The hosts are known for their attacking talent as they have netted 2 or more goals in five of their recent league matches. So we can be sure of a high scoring game also considering the fact that the majority of their meetings here had more than 2.5 goals.
Brentford vs Preston: Betting Tips
Brentford to win @ 1.45 (5/11).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.83 (5/6).