Brentford vs Newcastle
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 26 February 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Brentford Community Stadium.
Against all expectations, Newcastle are one of the few teams in the entire league to have remained unbeaten in the past five games. They have also climbed over the relegation cut-off, and they even have a surplus of four points over it.
Now their objective would be to maintain this cushion of points over the 18th spot till the end of the campaign, in order to avoid getting the boot. Their new management has great plans for the team this coming summer window. It’s important that the squad survives this season in the top flight.
Meanwhile, the newly-promoted Brentford are coming to the realization that they are not just equipped to consistently take on the titans of the PL.
They are on a long winless run (most of them losses), and are conceding in plenty as well. In fact, they are one of the very few teams to have remained winless in their last five matches in the league.
Judging recent form of either squad, expect a win for Newcastle this Saturday.
Brentford vs Newcastle Head-to-head (h2h)
- Newcastle are unbeaten in league games in the past three decades.
- In fact, during this stretch of time, they have lost just once – and it had come in the EFL Cup.
- They had scored three or more goals in three of the preceding five encounters.
- At this venue, the guests have a 100% winning record in league meetings.
Brentford vs Newcastle Prediction & Analysis
Brentford lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Arsenal. In fact, they are on a nine-game winless run in all competitions, and their latest win had come over six weeks back in the FA Cup, against a team from the lower division.
On the other hand, Newcastle registered a 1-1 draw on the road the past game week, against the fifth-placed West Ham. They were on a three-game winning streak before that – and in the process they had managed a 3-1 win at home against Everton.
Finally, they also have a dominant h2h record against the recently-promoted Brentford.
By the looks of things, expect a win for the in-form Newcastle.
Key Stats for Betting
- Brentford had lost four of the past five games in the PL. With a single point posted on the board during this period, which is the least of all 20 teams, they could be termed as the worst of the lot.
- Meanwhile, only Liverpool and Wolves have posted more points on the board during this same period.
Tips for Brentford vs Newcastle
Newcastle to Win @ 3.00 (2/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1)
Correct Score: 2-1 Newcastle @ 12.00 (11/1).