Brentford vs Manchester City
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 29 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:15 UK/ 21:15 CET
Venue: Brentford Community Stadium.
Manchester City have regained their status as the best team in England once again. Not only are they defending champions of the PL, but they have also raced to the top of the table – and that too with a lead of six points.
They are also on a supreme winning streak, and are scoring goals almost at will. Moreover, the second-placed Liverpool have a rather tough fixture this game week, and this is an opportunity for Pep Guardiola’s men to further surge ahead.
Meanwhile, Brentford are going through an inconsistent streak, and they are struggling with their defense as well. Moreover, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
For the reasons, expect a dominant win for Manchester City this Wednesday.
Brentford vs Manchester City Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last these two locked horns were back in 1997, in the FA Cup. Then the Citizens recorded a 0-1 win.
- They are also on a two-game winning streak.
- The last they lost against this foe was back in 1989.
Brentford vs Manchester City Prediction & Analysis
Brentford lost 2-0 on the road the last match-day, against Brighton. They were also winless in nine of their past twelve matches, and seven of these were losses.
Going on, they had lost four of their past six appearances at home, and they have a single clean sheet at this stadium in the past three months.
On the other hand, City had registered a 6-3 win at home against Leicester. They are on a four-match winning streak, and had scored a total of 18 goals in the process. They had also won 11 of their past 12 games, and of their total two losses on the road since August, one had come against PSG.
Considering these observations, expect a compelling win for Manchester City this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Citizens are at the top of the table, with a lead of six points.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the competition, and have conceded the least as well.
- Meanwhile, Brentford have a total of five wins all through the campaign.
- They have conceded two or more goals in seven of their past nine games.
- Of their total two wins at home since September, one had come against Watford – who were promoted to the top flight just at the end of the last season.
Tips for Brentford vs Manchester City
Manchester City –2.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.40 (7/5)
Over 3.5 Match Goals @ 2.40 (7/5).