Brentford vs Charlton
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 7 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Griffin Park (London)
Brentford is one of the success stories this season. A team that finished 11th last time around is currently third in the table. With just 5 points between them and second-placed West Brom, they still have the chance to grab automatic promotion to the big league.
Charlton is still struggling to get some points on the board. They are currently 19th in the table with just a 2 point cushion from the relegation zone. After two matches without a win, they have to get a win as soon as possible to keep their distance from the red zone.
Brentford vs Charlton: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Charlton has a two-match winning streak in meetings with this opposition.
- They have three wins and a loss in five recent head to head matches.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games across all venues.
- The visitors remain unbeaten in the last three meetings at this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of their five previous meetings here.
- Brentford is on a five-match winning streak in the league at the moment.
Brentford vs Charlton: Prediction
Charlton won the reverse fixture in round five but things have taken a major change since then. Brentford’s success is mainly because of their impeccable home form. They have won more games than any other side at home, and have lost only thrice in 20 games.
Meanwhile, the visitors have lost more than half of their away games until now. Also, more than 2.5 goals were scored in 6 recent matches that Brentford took part in. A similar scoreline can be seen in three latest head to head matches too. So we can expect a high scoring game in this upcoming tie.
Charlton will have trouble scoring on Tuesday. The hosts have kept a clean sheet in all the latest five league fixtures. They have not conceded in any match since the restart of the Championship. Charlton on the other hand has not scored in three recent away games in the league. So I am backing only one team to score in this upcoming game.
Brentford vs Charlton: Betting Tips
- Over 2.5 goals @ 1.75 (3/4).
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.73 (8/11).