Brentford vs Cardiff City
English League Championship
Date: Saturday, 3rd March 2018
Venue: Griffin Park (London).
- This fixture has been postponed to 13th March 2017. Check out the updated preview here.
Brentford are still close to the play-offs but their chances look slim. There may be just 5 points that separate them from 6th place but their performances against the stronger sides in the league are the thing that keeps them behind.
Last game they faced Leeds a team next to them in the league with aspirations for top 6 of their own. Brentford traveled to Elland Road in the hope of ending any hopes of Leeds for promotion but instead they halted theirs. Leeds managed to open the score as Cooper found the net in the first half. Brentford tried to push but their efforts were futile and the team settled for the defeat.
Cardiff are back at their best and keeping firm hold of 2nd place. With Wolves making mistakes the team even has some hope on reaching the top. Cardiff are 6 points from Wolves and 4 above Aston Villa which gives their direct promotion place relative safety. Last game the team won their 4th victory in a row defeating and removing Bristol City from top 6. The late victory was very important against one of the good sides in this league.
Brentford vs Cardiff: Head-to-head
- Last game’s defeat against Leeds was Brentford’s first in 4 games
- Brentford have won 4 points in their last 2 home games
- Cardiff have 4 consecutive victories keeping clean sheets in all of them
- Cardiff are unbeaten in 6 games
- Cardiff are unbeaten in 4 away games
- Cardiff won their previous game against Brentford with 2-0
- Brentford have won 2, lost 2 and drawn 1 at home against Cardiff
Brentford vs Cardiff: Predictions
This game is a tough one to call but Cardiff should have a slight edge. They are currently on top of their game especially at the back. The 4 clean sheets in a row some of them against promotion rivals are showing the confidence currently this team has. The game shouldn’t have much goals with the impressive record Cardiff has at the back.
Brentford vs Cardiff: Bet Tips
- Cardiff 0.0 AH at 2.32
- Under 2.5 goals at 2.04.