Brentford vs Barnsley
England League Championship
Date: Saturday, 22nd October 2016,
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK
Venue: Griffin Park, London.
Brentford will welcome Barnsley to Griffin Park on Saturday afternoon after their mid-week draw against Derby County.
Brentford’s draw in the mid-week did more good than harm as they went up eight place in the table. They now have 19 points to their name after 13 games, same point with QPR and Reading in 9th and 10th place respectively. They will be hoping for a win in this game to go up to 6th place depending on results elsewhere.
Barnsley were beaten 2-0 in the mid-week, as they were unable to handle Newcastle United. The defeat dealt them a blow as they slid down to 14th place in the table. They are now prepared to get back on track as they face Brentford.
Brentford vs Barnsley: Head to Head Statistics
- Both teams have met few times in the past, they have played eight times together.
- Brentford have won three games against Barnsley, drawn three and lost two games to Barnsley.
- At home, Brentford have won two of their four games against Barnsley, they have drawn one and lost once to Barnsley.
- Brentford have dominated their last six game against Barnsley with three wins and three draws.
- Three of the last four games played between this two teams have ended in draw.
Brentford vs Barnsley: Prediction
From all indications, Brentford are the favourites in this game. They are in a better shape in recent weeks more than their visitors. Also they have been the better team comparing their recent head to head stats.
Barnsley have been struggling in recent games, they have been winless in their last seven games with six defeats and a draw. Their defense have been as poor as they have conceded a lot of goals recently. They will need to step up their game if they want to win this one.
Brentford vs Barnsley: Betting Tips
Brentford win and over 2.5 goals at 7/4 (2.75)
Both teams to score at 7/10 (1.70).