Brazil vs Uruguay
World Cup Qualification
Date: Friday, 15 October 2021
Kick-off at 01:30 UK/ 02:30 CET
Venue: Arena da Amazonia.
The Brazilians have easily been the best Latin American team for the last several years, with their defeat in the Copa final being the only blip during this impressive run.
At home this weekend, they are expected to continue this superb streak, against Uruguay who are struggling for form. Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Brazil vs Uruguay Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for Tite’s men.
- It’s been 20 years since they have lost against this opponent.
- They had kept clean sheets in the last two meetings, and had scored two or more goals in seven of the former eight encounters.
Brazil vs Uruguay Prediction & Analysis
The Brazilians were held to a goalless draw the last match-day on the road, by Colombia. In the meanwhile, Uruguay lost 3-0 on the road against Argentina.
Going on, Tite’s men have lost just four times in the past four-year period. Two of these losses had come against arch-rivals Argentina, while one had come in the Quarter Final of the 2018 World Cup, against Belgium.
On the other hand, their counterparts for the day were winless in nine of their past thirteen overall fixtures, and they had failed to score in their last two matches. Moreover, they have a total of just four wins away from home in the past two-year period.
And finally, the Uruguayans have a poor h2h record against this foe as well. Likely, expect a dominant win by Brazil this Friday, and count on their in-form defense to keep the struggling attack of the two-time world champions at bay.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Brazilians are ranked 2nd in the world, just below Belgium. Meanwhile, their counterparts for the day are placed 12th in the list by FIFA.
- As of now, the 2021 Copa America finalists are placed atop the qualifiers table, and they have a 100% winning record, barring a draw against Colombia.
- They have scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition, and have conceded the least as well. In fact, they have a combined scorecard of 22-3, during this stretch. And note that they have done this with a game in hand.
- In the meantime, the Uruguayans are placed fourth in the table, and they have a total of just four wins to their name through this campaign.
Tips for Brazil vs Uruguay
Brazil to Win to Nil @ 2.25 (5/4)
Brazil -1 Asian Handicap @ 1.90 (9/10).