Brazil vs Colombia
South America – World Cup Qualification
Date: Friday, 12 November 2021
Kick-off at 00:30 UK / 01:30 CET
Venue: Neo Quimica Arena.
Brazil have a tremendous firepower on display in the final third. Their attacking line looks even stronger now with the addition of Raphinha who completed a brace on his maiden start for the national team last month against Uruguay (a 4-1 win).
Brazil vs Colombia Head-to-head
- Colombia held Brazil to three draws in the last four head to head encounters.
- Both teams scored in three of these four matches.
- However, Brazil won 12, drew 8, and lost only 1 of the last 21 clashes against Colombia in all competitions.
Brazil vs Colombia Predictions & Analysis
Brazil have won 10 and drawn 1 of 11 games in the 2022 CONMEBOL World Cup Qualification campaign.
The lone draw came against Colombia in a match played last month at Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Melendez in Barranquilla.
The Brazilians are about to lock horns with Colombia once again on Thursday evening when the two teams clash against each other in the return fixture at the Neo Quimica Arena in Sao Paulo.
The visitors are in a much greater need for points, sitting currently at the fourth place (lock on points with fifth-placed Uruguay) of the World Cup Qualification standings.
Nevertheless, Brazil have a perfect home record with five wins in five home outings so far in the campaign (14-1 goal difference in the process).
Tite’s men hold both the best attacking and the best defensive record of the entire section after 12 rounds (they also have a game in hand on the rest of the field).
However, Colombia have been very tough to break down of late as they played three subsequent goalless draws to Uruguay, Brazil, and Ecuador last month.
It will be very interesting to see whether they can keep hold of Brazil’s attacking stars once again this time around.
Raphinha has been on fire lately for Leeds United as well, scoring a goal in each of his last two appearances in the Premier League. Neymar, Raphinha, and Gabriel Jesus should have too much for the Colombians here.
- Brazil won all five home matches in this qualifying term (14-1 goal difference in the process).
- They will go into this on the back of a 4-1 drubbing of Uruguay in the previous round.
- Colombia won only one of the last seven World Cup qualifiers.
- They have shipped 10 goals in 6 away outings in this World Cup qualifying term.
Brazil vs Colombia Betting Tips
Brazil to win @ 1.44 (4/9)
Over 2.5 goals FT @ 2.05 (21/20).