AFC Bournemouth vs Derby County
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 12 March 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Vitality Stadium.
Bournemouth have been the best in the Champions this season, after of course the toppers Fulham. As is known, the top two teams at the end of the campaign will get direct entry to the Premier League, and the race is getting intense with each passing match-day.
In fact, the third-placed Huddersfield are giving the race of their lives, and this puts Bournemouth under pressure.
However, the latter have an easier fixture coming up. They are pitted against the 22nd placed Derby, who have been one of the worst teams in the competition all along.
And to make matters worse for them, the federation had deducted 21 points from them.
As such, both these teams are desperate – one to ensure their promotion to the PL, and the other one to avoid getting the boot.
This is the perfect recipe for a goal-fest.
Bournemouth vs Derby County Head-to-head (h2h)
- Two of the past four encounters had four or more goals.
- The latest meeting had ended in a 3-2 win for Derby.
- 100% of match-ups at this venue in the past decade had goals from both teams – barring a single clash.
- The latest fixture at this ground had ended in a 1-1 draw.
Bournemouth vs Derby County Prediction & Analysis
Bournemouth were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day, by Peterborough. However, they had won three of their last five overall fixtures, and they have lost just four times at home in the past ten-month period.
In the process, they had even gone on a five-match winning streak at home.
On the other hand, Derby won 2-0 at home the past game week, against the 23rd placed Barnsley. But they were on a three-fixture losing streak before that, and importantly, they are on a six-game losing run on the road.
Judging these observations, expect a win for Bournemouth this Saturday at their home.
Key Stats for Betting
- Bournemouth had conceded the least number of goals in the league.
- Disregarding Fulham, they have scored the most number of goals in the Championship.
- Meanwhile, Derby have played an extra game, and they still need a surplus of six points to climb over the relegation cut-off.
- Barring a draw against the 21st placed Reading, they have a 100% losing record on the road in 2022, in all competitions.
Tips for Bournemouth vs Derby County
Bournemouth to Win @ 1.60 (3/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.20 (6/5)
Correct Score: 3-2 Bournemouth @ 34.00 (33/1).