Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Ukraine
World Cup Qualification
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Bilino Polje.
Ukraine take on the already-eliminated Bosnia in this must-win game on the final match-day of the Qualifiers. Since they are already placed third, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Expect them to go all out for the victory, and secure the three points at any cost.
Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Ukraine Head-to-head (h2h)
- Only once have these two teams took on each other so far, and it was in the reverse encounter of this upcoming match-up. Then spoils were shared with a 1-1 scorecard.
Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Ukraine Prediction & Analysis
Bosnia lost 1-3 at home the last match-day, against Finland, which mathematically confirmed their ineligibility to make it to Qatar.
Going on, they have managed to deliver just two wins from their past 19 fixtures, and these two wins had come against Kazakhstan, and Kuwait – two of the worst teams in international football.
On the other hand, the Ukrainians are on a six-game unbeaten run, and the last they failed to score a goal was against England in the Euros.
In fact, they had a great campaign in the Euro 2020, where they made it till the Quarters. And even there they were eliminated only by eventual finalists England.
Going on, they are currently trailing two points below the second-placed Finland, and in order to make it to the playoffs, a second-spot finish is a must. Fortunately the Finns are pitted against France in the final game week, and thus are expected to lose.
Count on the Ukrainians to make use of this match-up, and fetch their playoff ticket this Tuesday.
- Bosnia are placed second to last in the table, and are already out of the race for qualification. They have nothing left to play for.
- They have won just once all through the campaign, and the sole victory had come against the dead-last placed Kazakhstan.
- Meanwhile, the Ukrainians are placed third in the table, and they have been unbeaten throughout the competition. Only toppers France have managed to replicate this feat so far.
- The Bosnians have a 100% winless record at home in the tournament, and barring a draw against the dead-last placed Kazakhstan, it is a 100% losing record.
- Impressively, Ukraine registered draws in both their games against world champions France.
Tips for Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Ukraine
Ukraine to Win @ 1.80 (4/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Ukraine @ 1.90 (9/10).