Bolton Wanderers vs Preston North End
English League Championship
Date: Saturday, 3rd March 2018
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Macron Stadium (Bolton).
Bolton are showing sturdiness in recent weeks and the team is trying to gain some points over the relegation zone. The team is far from the desperate situation in the early season and their fans can look with a bit more confidence into the future.
Currently Wanderers have 4 points advantage over 22nd Birmingham after their draw last game. The team faced Norwich at Carrow road and managed to hold onto the goalless draw. Bolton even had chances to win the game but they failed to capitalize on them.
Preston have let the throttle a bit in recent weeks which is pushing them away from top 6. They are now 4 points behind 6th placed Sheffield and the team cannot afford many more slip ups.
Last weekend Preston had a game at Deepdale which they will want to forget. They had territorial advantage over visitors Ipswich but creating and converting chances really cost them much. The team had several attempts at goal but all failed. Ipswich though managed to slip one in which gave them all the points in this encounter with a minimal victory.
Bolton vs Preston: Head-to-head
- Bolton are undefeated in 2 games
- Bolton are unbeaten in 4 games at home
- Bolton have seen less than 2.5 goals in their last 7 home league games
- Preston are winless in 4 games – 3 1-1 draws and 1 defeat
- Preston are unbeaten in 3 away games – 2 draws and 1 victory
- Their previous encounter both sides failed to find the net in a goalless draw
- Bolton have 1 victory, 1 draw and 1 defeat at home against Preston
Bolton vs Preston: Predictions
This is one evenly matched game. Bolton are strong at home while Preston plays better on the road. Both sides have decent defensive lines so the goals shouldn’t be much. Preston are a little bit of favourites as they like to counterattack on the road and rarely fail to score. Still we have strong possibility of a draw considering Preston’s record in the league.
Bolton vs Preston: Bet Tips
- Under 2.5 goals at 1.50
- Draw at half time at 1.96.