Bolton Wanderers vs Crewe Alexandra
England – League One
Date: Friday, 12 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: University of Bolton Stadium.
Crewe Alexandra are struggling badly to perform this season. They were even outplayed by fellow strugglers Doncaster Rovers (penultimate-placed) in a 1-1 draw at home in the previous round of the League One. Crewe had just four attempts in that game. They have conceded three or more goals in three of the last five league matches and we don’t see them pulling off a result here.
Bolton vs Crewe Head-to-head
- These two teams met each other in the opening round of the FA Cup last season when Cree claimed a 2-3 victory on the road.
- Crewe Alexandra bagged three or more goals in each of the last three clashes against Bolton Wanderers.
- Three or more goals were scored in each of the last five head to head affairs between the two teams.
Bolton vs Crewe Predictions & Analysis
Bolton Wanderers host the rock-bottomed Crewe Alexandra in the first game of the Matchday No 17 in League One on Friday evening at the University of Bolton Stadium.
The hosts will be hoping to take advantage of such an easier fixture and get their campaign up and running with a victory over the weakest team in the division.
Bolton dropped to 16th place in the league table after a run of four defeats and a draw in the last five League One affairs.
They lacked sharpness in the final third recently, failing to find the back of the net in four of the last five league fixtures.
Bolton had just one shot on target in a 1-0 defeat at Portsmouth in the previous round.
They also failed to see off the lower-division Stockport County in the last weekend’s FA Cup tie, playing only a 2-2 draw on the home patch on the occasion.
Crewe have been even worse in the opening round of the FA Cup. They fell 0-3 at home to lower-division Swindon Town to make it five losses and a draw in the last six matches across competitions.
Crewe Alexandra are the only team in the league with a single-digit number of points as they claimed no more than 9 in 16 games so far in the season.
- Bolton won one, drew one, and lost one of the last three league fixtures on the home patch.
- They have scored two or more goals in two of these three games.
- Crewe have won just 1 of 16 league fixtures this season.
- They have only scored 12 goals in these 29 matches since the beginning of the season.
Bolton vs Crewe Alexandra Betting Tips
Bolton to win @ 1.65 (13/20)
Bolton to keep a clean sheet @ 2.50 (6/4)