Bologna vs Sassuolo
Italian Serie A.
Date: Sunday, 18th February 2018
Kick-Off: 14:00 UK,
Venue: Stadio Renato Dall’Ara (Bologna).
Bologna will be hoping to end a bad patch of form when they host Sassuolo on Sunday. The Rossoblu have lost their last three games, but the Neroverdi have fared even worse. Sassuolo are winless in their last six and the last win they earned was when they managed to snatch a win against Inter who were in an awful run of form.
The Neroverdi aren’t in danger of relegation just yet, but they’re six points above the drop zone. It seems like a long time ago that under Eusebio Di Francesco they went from debutants in 2013 to giant killers who beat the likes of AC Milan to even Juventus and featured in the Europa League to crashing back down to the bottom half of the Serie A table. The only thing helping them at the moment is how badly teams like Benevento have fared, but things could get a lot worse for Sassuolo as Bologna will be looking to take advantage of their woes and obviously improve their own fortunes.
Sassuolo were walloped 7-0 by Juventus in their last away trip and have lost the majority of their away fixtures, plus have even struggled at home. They have also lost three out of their last four meetings with the Rossoblu, so things don’t look promising for the visitors one bit.
Bologna vs Sassuolo: Head-to-head statistics
- Bologna are unbeaten in their last four Serie A meetings against Sassuolo (W3 D1)
- Sassuolo are winless in their last six league games (D3 L3)
- The last time the Neroverdi went seven Serie A games without a win was back in February 2016
- Sassuolo have failed to score in four of their last five league games
- Sassuolo have failed to win their last 6 matches
- Bologna have conceded at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches
- Bologna have lost 5 of their last 6 matches
Bologna vs Sassuolo: Prediction
Sassuolo come into this game winless in their last six and have failed to score in four of their last five. Although Bologna have lost four of their last five, they should be able to rebound here and get back on track.
Bologna vs Sassuolo: Betting tips
- Under 2.5 goals at 1.68
- Bologna – WIN at 2.55