Bologna vs Roma
Italian Serie A.
Date: Saturday, 31 March 2018
Kick-Off: 11:30 UK,
Venue: Stadio Renato Dall’Ara (Bologna).
Roma resume action after the international break as they take on a sputtering Bologna side on Saturday afternoon.
It’s set to be a very busy week for Eusebio Di Francesco’s side, as next up is a quarter-finals clash with Barcelona. The Lupi are clearly the underdogs in that tie and it will take a monumental effort to topple the Spanish giants. However, they can still be quite satisfied with their performances this season, as they presently sit in third and are looking good to feature in the Champions League next season.
The hosts come into this game having won three on the spin in Serie A (four if one includes their well-earned win over Ukrainian outfit Shakhtar Donetsk) and will be hoping to build up some positive momentum ahead of their tough battle versus the Blaugrana next week. They have won six out of their last seven away Serie A fixtures – a fact that doesn’t bode well for a Bologna side who are performing rather indifferently at the moment.
Then again, Roberto Donadoni’s side aren’t in danger of relegation and they sit in 11th spot – which is more than good enough for the Rossoblu. At this point, their only objective will be to try to finish in the top half of the table, but they will certainly be up against it against a Roma side brimming with confidence.
Bologna vs Roma: Head-to-head statistics
- Roma have won their last 3 matches against Bologna in all competitions
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Bologna’s last 4 games
- Roma have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 away matches against Bologna in all competitions
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Roma’s last 9 away games
- Roma have been winning at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 7 matches against Bologna in all competitions
- The Giallorossi have won their last 4 away matches
- Bologna have won only once in their last 18 league meetings against Roma (L10 D7)
Bologna vs Roma: Prediction
Roma have lost just one of their 14 Serie A games this season, with wins in nine of them. In addition, the Giallorossi have won their last four away games and Bologna have a bad track record against the Lupi, with just one win in their last 18 league fixtures. The Rossoblu have won five times at home, and four of them were against teams who, like them, are in the bottom half of the table, so the visitors are looking quite good to pick up another three points here and look ahead to their showdown with Barcelona.
Bologna vs Roma: Betting tips
Roma – WIN at 1.76
Under 2.5 goals at 2.02
BTTS – NO at 2.02.