Bochum vs Union Berlin
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 18 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: Vonovia Ruhrstadion.
Bochum had a shaky start to their season, and it took them some time to find consistency. However, they are in good form now, and they seem motivated to make up for the lost points in the first phase of the campaign.
It also deserves to be mentioned that, in spite of their problems, they have been on a good run at home all through 2021-22.
Meanwhile, Union Berlin are yet to find form. They are conceding goals in almost every other game, and particularly on the road, they have been performing poorly since the start of the season.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Bochum this Saturday at the Vonovia Ruhrstadion.
Bochum vs Union Berlin Head-to-head (h2h)
- Five of the past six meetings had three or more goals.
- It’s been eight years since the guests have won at this venue.
- Since 2000, only once have the guests kept a clean sheet at this stadium.
- The hosts had won two of the last three clashes at this ground.
Bochum vs Union Berlin Prediction & Analysis
Bochum lost 2-0 on the road the last match-day, against Bielefeld. But they were unbeaten in seven of their past ten overall fixtures, and six of these were wins.
They are also on a seven-fixture invincible streak at home, and five of these were wins as well. They had also scored a total of 14 goals from their preceding six appearances at home.
On the other hand, Berlin were held to a 0-0 draw by Freiburg. They are also on a three-game winless run, and they had remained winless in ten of their past thirteen fixtures.
Going on, such has been their consistency, that they have failed to score on the road just once since May.
Taking into account these observations, and the h2h domination of Bochum at home, expect a win for them this Saturday at the Vonovia Ruhrstadion.
And considering the state of defense for Unionb Berlin, expect goals in plenty too.
Key Stats for Betting
- Bochum have lost just once at home all through the season, and this sole defeat had come back in September.
- They had scored two or more goals in five of the past six home games.
- Meanwhile, Union Berlin have a single win on the road this season in the league – and it had come in the first week of October.
- Not once have they kept a clean sheet away from home this season in a Bundesliga match-up.
Tips for Bochum vs Union Berlin
Draw No Bet: Bochum @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).