Boavista vs Maritimo
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Estádio do Bessa Século XXI (Porto)
The hosts have lost to Benfica in their latest league fixture. This is their second defeat in three league matches.
But both those losses came against teams in the top of the table- Benfica and Champions Porto.
Maritimo stunned everyone with the home win over former champions Benfica. Not only they scored two goals past one of the strongest defense in the competition but they kept a clean sheet also in that game. Including that result, they are currently on a two-match winning streak now.
Boavista vs Maritimo: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Maritimo has three wins and two defeats in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five games across all venues.
- Maritimo won the reverse fixture back in December 2019 with a score of 1-0.
- The visitors have three wins against Boavista in their last five trips to this ground.
- Three of those five head to head games here had fewer than 2.5 goals in total.
Boavista vs Maritimo: Prediction
There is only four points between these two sides on the table. The visitors won the reverse leg without any problems.
But they have a poor record in away matches this season. From 15 games on the road, they managed to win only three while losing eight in return.
The win against Santa Clara came after a 7 match winless run which included 5 defeats.
Similarly, the home team had a three-match losing streak at home before the two recent wins. So I am backing the hosts to win this one based on their current form.
Maritimo has conceded 20 goals from their 15 away games so far. Meanwhile, they have scored only 9 in return which is the poorest scoring team by any team in this season.
But they will get chances against a team which has given away goals to teams at the bottom of the table in recent weeks. So we can expect goals on both ends of the field this Wednesday.
Boavista vs Maritimo: Betting Tips
- The home team to win @ 1.83 (5/6).
- Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1/1).