Blackpool vs Sunderland
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 14 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Bloomfield Road (Blackpool)
The competition n the league is really boiling over as we near the back end of the season. Sunderland is still in contention for a playoff spot and is equal on points with Peterborough and Wycombe. They need to get back to winning ways if they wish to get into the top 6.
Blackpool also had some rough times in recent weeks. They are fresh from a disappointing loss to the relegation side Tranmere Rovers at home. There is a 14 point difference between these two sides and the visitors will have the upper hand on Saturday.
Blackpool vs Sunderland: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Black Cats are unbeaten against Blackpool in their last 4 meetings.
- Blackpool previously won this fixture back in December 2010.
- Less than 2.5 goals came in 4 of their 5 head to head matches in all competitions.
- Both teams scored in 3 of their 5 meetings across all venues.
- The reverse fixture hosted by Sunderland ended with a 1-1 scoreline.
- Sunderland won both their matches at this ground against the hosts.
Blackpool vs Sunderland: Prediction
Sunderland is one of the toughest teams at home in the league. But they could not emulate that form in matches on the o road. From their 19 home games, they just lost once but lost 8 of their 17 trips.
They are low on morale after a 4 match winless run including defeats to Bristol and toppers Coventry. The interesting fact is that both these defeats came away from home. This makes 3 defeats in 5 games away from their comfort zone.
Meanwhile, Pool has lost their last home match to Tranmere. This is their 4th loss in 7 home matches in the league.
Despite getting some wins the hosts have conceded plenty of goals in recent matches. Both sides scored in the last 5 of their games on the trot. Sunderland has displayed their attacking skills with the 48 goals they netted this year. So I am backing a draw with both teams getting in the score sheet.
Blackpool vs Sunderland: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score @ 1.91 (10/11).
- Match to Draw @ 3.40 (12/5).