Blackburn vs Wigan
England – Championship
Date: Monday, 23 December 2019
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Ewood Park (Blackburn).
It will be a clear one sided game at Ewood Park when Blackburn Rovers at the top part of the table host the relegation favorites, Wigan in the match.
- Blackburn form: 22 matches – 10 wins – 4 draws – 8 losses – 34 points.
- Wigan form: 22 matches – 4 wins – 6 draws – 12 losses – 18 points.
Blackburn vs Wigan Head-to-head (h2h)
- The host has registered three of the last five wins in their clashes.
- Rovers have recorded their past eight wins as the host.
- Their previous encounter gave a 3-0 home win for the Rovers.
- Wigan has won only once in their 12 visits since 2006.
Blackburn vs Wigan Prediction
Blackburn has kept their good run intact in the league with their fourth win in five league clashes after defeating Bristol City on the road.
Besides that, Rovers have kept a good scoring profile with 30 goals in 22 league appearances. Also, they have conceded 28 goals in the process.
However, the host is stronger when playing at their own turf. Here, the team has conceded only ten goals in 11 matches. Hence we can say that Wigan will have a hard time finding the back of the net.
Apart from that, the Rovers is on a four-game winning streak at home. Also, the host has lost only two of their 11 home matches in this campaign so far.
Meanwhile, the opponents are in their worst form on the road. Evidently, Wigan has failed to win in any of the 11 away fixtures in their league schedule.
Even so, the Latics will be coming after a 1-1 draw with Huddersfield in their previous league clash. As such, we can expect an easy win for the hosting contingent against Wigan.
Hence, Blackburn is likely to win the game in ninety minutes with a couple or more goals on the scoreboard.
Blackburn vs Wigan Betting tips
Full-time result: Blackburn @ 1.80 (4/5).
Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (1/1).