Blackburn vs West Brom
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 11 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Ewood Park (Blackburn)
Two former Premier League sides will meet this Saturday. The hosts have finally returned to winning ways after a three-match losing run.
The defeats to relegation placed Barnsley was a shocker as they were not even able to get a goal back in that game. But the recent hard-fought victory over Cardiff was a display of the character of the team.
The Albion has to keep winning matches to retain their position at the top of the table. Even though Leeds United has a game in hand they have some tough fixtures coming up.
Blackburn vs West Brom: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Albion has three wins and a defeat in their five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Both sides have found the back of the net in four of those five competitive matches.
- Four of those five games also saw a final score with more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts have won thrice in their last five head to head games against West Brom here.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in those five matches at this ground.
- West Brom is currently on an active three game-winning run in the league.
Blackburn vs West Brom: Prediction
West Brom has one of the strongest frontlines in the league. Their forwards have netted 73 goals from the 42 rounds which are second best after Brentford. They have scored 9 goals in their latest three league games against mid-table teams.
At the same time, Blackburn has a habit of conceding too many goals in recent weeks. The defense of the hosts has given away 55 of the 59 goals they have scored all season.
But they have scored against top teams like Leeds United lately. So I am backing a final score with goals at both ends of the field.
West Brom has lost only six of their league games so far, which is the least by any team this season. They have to win this one to keep the pressure of the approaching Leeds and put one hand on the trophy.
Meanwhile, the hosts have lost three recent league games and are struggling to keep their cool under pressure. So we can agree that West Brom is likely to go home with a win.
Blackburn vs West Brom: Betting Tips
West Brom to win @ 1.80 (4/5).
Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1/1).