Blackburn vs Reading
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 18 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Ewood Park (Blackburn)
The hosts had a couple of tough opponents to face in the last two matchdays. They drawn the match with West Brom and then lost to Millwall in the most recent game. This defeat means they have 16 wins and defeats each this season from 44 games. With just two more games to go a top ten finish looks very unlikely for Blackburn.
Reading is also coming into this game after a disappointing defeat. The home loss to Middlesbrough has raised questions about the team’s mentality at the business end of the competition. Like most teams in the mid-table, they have to improve on the defense to better their goal difference.
Blackburn vs Reading: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Royals have three wins and a defeat in their last five meetings with this opposition.
- All of those five games saw a score with more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all five of those matches as well.
- The reverse fixture was won by the Rovers for a final score of 1-2.
- The hosts have two wins in their five previous head to head matches at this ground.
- Four of their latest meetings here produced over 2.5 goals in full time.
- Both of these teams scored in all those four games here too.
Blackburn vs Reading: Prediction
One thing we all can agree on is that both these teams have weak defenses. Even though the hosts have scored better than other teams in the lower half of the table, their defense was not able to keep things clean at the back.
This can be seen in recent home fixtures too, where they conceded silly goals despite remaining unbeaten in those matches. The Royals have also scored plenty in their latest matches on the road. They kept clean sheets in the latest two away games as well. But I do not think they can repeat that here since the hosts have a good attacking unit.
The head to head stats clearly shows that there is no shortage of goals when these two meet. In majority of their recent head to head clashes, the score was more than 2.5 goals. A similar scoreline can be seen in half of the league games that the Rovers took part in. So I am backing a score with more than 2.5 goals and both teams to score.
Blackburn vs Reading: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).
Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (1/1).