Blackburn vs Coventry
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Ewood Park.
Coventry have been a great force in the Championship. But one of their glaring flaws has been their struggles on the road. Almost all of their wins have come at home. And this is exactly what Blackburn will be hoping to cash in on. Expect the better performance from the latter.
Blackburn vs Coventry Head-to-head
- Six of the preceding eight clashes had goals from both teams.
- Four of the past six meetings had three or more goals.
- The latest match-up between the two teams had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Only once have the hosts failed to score at this venue in the past three decades, while not once have the guests failed to do so since 1998.
- Blackburn had won two of the former three encounters, and are unbeaten since 2009.
Blackburn vs Coventry Prediction & Analysis
Blackburn lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Blackpool. Going on, they were unbeaten in 14 of their past 19 fixtures, and they are on a two-match winning run at home. They had also scored a total of nine goals from their last three home appearances alone.
On the other hand, their counterparts Coventry won 4-1 at home against Fulham. However, they did lose seven of their previous nine road trips, and they had let in five goals in their latest away fixture alone.
Considering these observations, as well as recent h2h stats, expect a win for Blackburn.
Still, Coventry have an in-form offense to count on despite all their issues on the road, and moreover h2h clashes over the years also show a trend of goals coming in huge numbers.
For these reasons, expect a high-scoring affair as well this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Blackburn have lost just once at home this whole season in the league, and only two other teams have managed to outscore them in home games.
- The last they failed to score at home was in April, and during the period, only once have they failed to find the back of the net twice or more at this venue in a Championship fixture.
- Coventry have a 100% winless record on the road in the league, disregarding their sole victory against Blackpool.
- The team has kept a total of just two clean sheets on the road since December of 2020, in all competitions.
Tips for Blackburn vs Coventry
Blackburn to Win @ 2.80 (4/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals & Both Teams to Score @ 2.25 (5/4).