Blackburn Rovers vs Bristol City
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 14 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Ewood Park.
Blackburn will be back at home after a disappointing trip to Derby in their last league game. That ended a 5 game unbeaten run for them. But the home side has only lost twice in their 10 previous league games. They are a formidable side at home with 16 games unbeaten in 19 of their home season.
Bristol is just 2 points above their upcoming opponents. They are struggling with a winless streak of 5 matches going on. That spell includes 3 defeats too. In the current situation, Blackburn are poised to repeat their win in the reverse fixture.
Blackburn Rovers vs Bristol City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Bristol has won 3 and lost once in their last 5 games against Blackburn.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those 5 matches across all venues.
- The Rovers won the reverse fixture this season with a score of 0-2.
- Blackburn has more wins than Bristol in their meetings (W5, L3).
- Bristol City won on their last trip to this venue by scoring the only goals in the game.
- They remain unbeaten in the last 3 h2h games at this ground.
- The hosts have 2 wins and a defeat in 5 matches played here.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals came in 4 of those 5 matches also.
Blackburn Rovers vs Bristol City: Prediction
The scoring record for both sides has been above average. What they lack is defensive discipline, both at home and away. The hosts have scored 52 and conceded 45. Meanwhile, Bristol has scored one less and conceded 53 in return. So since both teams are somewhat similar, I am backing both of them to score at Blackburn.
Both hosts and visitors are coming into this match on the back of winless runs. But it is difficult to break down the Rovers in front of their home crowd. They have lost only once in 10 recent home fixtures and lost only 3 in the entire season. Bristol will have to work hard to overcome a 2 match winless run on the road. So I am backing the home side to win this one.
Blackburn Rovers vs Bristol City: Betting Tips
- Home win for Blackburn Rovers @ 1.47(5/11).
- Both teams to score @ 1.83(5/6).