Blackburn Rovers vs Norwich City:
England – Championship.
Date: Saturday, 6 August, 2016,
Kick-off: 15:00 UK.
Venue: Ewood Park (Blackburn).
Norwich City start their life in the Championship as they meet Blackburn Rovers at the on Saturday.
The hosts for Saturday afternoon Blackburn Rovers, were knocked to the Championship in 2011/12 season. Since then, they have been in a real struggle to return back to England’s top flight football league. Their had a disappointing campaign last season and were seen at the wrong side of the table, at 15th position.
Norwich City got demoted to the Championship after finishing 19th in the 2015/16 English Premier League season. They have plenty of quality in their squad and one of the most talented English manager in Alex Neil. He will be keen to get off to a winning start after an impressive pre-season campaign.
Blackburn Rovers v Norwich City : Form Guide
- Blackburn Rovers’ last five matches witnessed four draws and one loss.
- The host have scored a total of three goals and conceded four in last five friendlies.
- All five games results have all been by slim margins below 2.5 goals.
- Norwich City won three and lost two in last five games.
- The Canaries bagged 11 and allowed seven in their net from these five games.
- A 3-0 win at home to Coventry City and 3-0 away victory against Peterborough was their heaviest wins in past five matches.
Blackburn Rovers vs Norwich City: Head-to-Head
- In the last 17 matches played between these two sides, Blackburn won 6, Norwich City won 4 and seven games were drawn.
- A total of 65 goals being involved, Rovers netted 43 and 22 by Rovers.
- Rovers heaviest win against Norwich City is 7-1 at home on October 2, 1992 and Norwich heaviest win over Rovers at home 3-0 on February 12, 2005.
Blackburn Rovers vs Norwich City: Prediction
According to the head-to-head stats given above, Blackburn are far ahead of their opponent and gotten more goals than Norwich. However, the Canaries’ performance in their preseason campaign have been much better in terms of results and goals.
The Rovers have declined in the past few seasons and their display in recent years is not the level they once used to be. In the case of Norwich, one could easily come to agree that they are in to make a possible return to top flight football as soon as possible. They have passed the first hurdle by holding on to their key players they used last season in Premier League.
The best side with charisma could easily edge it’s opponent. For the same reason the Canaries wins my bet. It is also due to a good pre season and how intact they have kept last season’s Premier League squad.
Predicted Score line: Blackburn 1-2 Norwich City.
- Both teams score.
- Over 2.5 goals.