Birmingham vs Middlesbrough
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 12th January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: St. Andrew’s Stadium (Birmingham).
It will be a bittersweet moment for Gary Monk as his team hosts one of the former sides he managed. His time with Middlesbrough was filled with problems as he was not able to complete the season with them, and had to leave in the midst of things.
Birmingham must pick themselves up after their FA Cup campaign came to an end last week against West Ham. It might be a blessing in disguise after all, as this leaves them with the opportunity to concentrate getting promoted to the Premier League as their sole objective.
The Boro blasted Peterborough with a stellar performance last week, at home. The 5-0 scoreline almost knocked the wind out of the visitors by the time the final whistle blew.
Birmingham vs Middlesbrough Head-to-head (h2h)
- Middlesbrough recorded three straight wins in the last three h2h matches against Birmingham.
- The Smoggies also managed to keep clean sheets in these games, to register a combined scoreline of 4-0, in favor of them.
- Three of the last four h2h games at this venue resulted in draws.
- The Boro is unbeaten against the Blues since the 2012-13 Championship season.
- At this venue, Middlesbrough has scored at least a goal in their last five h2h appearances, and their opponents have done so in six of their last seven attempts.
Birmingham vs Middlesbrough Prediction
Both teams have too much to gain from this tie. For Garry Monk’s men, their season was cut short last week with the FA Cup exit. All they have in the back of their minds is to get into the playoff mix. For Middlesbrough, a win against a team targeting a top-six finish would do a world of good, as it would put some distance between themselves and a direct competitor for their spot.
The Boro is just too good not to get on the scoresheet, and I think we can safely assume at least a goal from the visitors. The Blues will rightfully use their home advantage at disposal and try to get on top of things. They will be motivated to get something out of this match, at least to compensate for their loss against West Ham last match-day.
I personally think the result would be a score draw, 1-1.
Birmingham vs Middlesbrough Betting Tips
Correct Score: 1-1 @ 6.50 (11/2)
Both Teams to Score: YES @ 2.00 (1/1).