Birmingham vs Hull
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 27 June 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: St. Andrew’s Stadium (Birmingham)
The Blues have a golden chance to return back to winning ways in the league. Currently, they are winless in 6 matches of which five were draws. The recent home defeat against Reading was disappointing for the team from Birmingham. After taking an early lead they went on to lose that match 1-3.
Hull City is in a spot of bother for after losing games back to back. They have a 5 match losing streak going on which extends the winless run to 12 league games. They have lost 10 of those matches and are most likely to lose this weekend also.
Birmingham vs Hull: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Hull City has three wins and a defeat in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five matches.
- In 4 head to head matches at this ground, the hosts have two wins and one loss.
- The Blues have a three-match unbeaten run in front of their home crowd.
- Three of those four games saw a score with over 2.5 goals.
- The home side is on a 6 match winless run in the league.
- Hull City has lost all 5 previous league games back to back.
Birmingham vs Hull: Prediction
Birmingham has never failed to score in the last 10 competitive home games. With Hull in a hurry to concede more goals, we can expect the home attack to go all guns blazing from the start. But even though the hosts are good at scoring their defense has loopholes which allowed visitors to score easily. So Hull will get chances and maybe get a goal or to like the four recent head to head matches.
Even with a winless run, the hosts have managed to draw most of their league games. In fact, they have drawn 12 of their 38 matches so far. Hull has not won on the road since the New Year. They have a three-game losing streak away from home currently. Also considering their previous visits to this ground the Tigers are most likely to be disappointed after this upcoming game. So I am backing both sides to score and the home team to win.
Birmingham vs Hull: Betting Tips
- The home team to win @ 1.80 (4/5).
- Both teams to score @ 1.75 (3/4).