Birmingham vs Huddersfield
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 1 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: St. Andrew’s Stadium.
The hosts are currently on a winless run in the competition. They have no wins in the last 8 matches both home and away. With six draws included in that spell, they have more draws than wins so far.
Also, the home defence is in bits and pieces after conceding 60 goals in the 39 games. With these stats they are currently 16th in the points table.
Huddersfield has lost all their 3 latest league matches. Like their opposition they have also conceded more than what they scored. But they need to win to ensure the survival in the Championship for yet another season. With a handful of games left they still have the chance to stay safe.
Birmingham vs Huddersfield: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have a win each in their last 8 competitive meetings.
- Both sides found the back of the net in 6 of those 8 games.
- All 8 of those games had fewer than 2.5 goals at ninety minutes.
- Birmingham is unbeaten in the last 6 head to head matches on all venues.
- The visitors have two wins and a loss in their 5 previous visits to this ground.
- Three of those five matches saw both teams getting goals.
- Their four recent trips here had less than 2.5 goals in total.
Birmingham vs Huddersfield: Prediction
Birmingham has not won any of their four previous home games. They have failed to win against teams at the bottom like Hull City. Even though the visitors are on a losing streak in matches on the road a win would not be easy for Birmingham.
If the head to head stats are taken into account this one may end as a draw. Majority of their meetings finished as stalemates in recent past. This is also true most league games of the hosts.
The hosts are conceding an average of 1.5 goals per game. The majority of goals they gave away were in games at this ground. Similarly, 36 of the 63 goals that the away team conceded were in games on the road. So, I am backing this match to be a draw with both sides scoring.
Birmingham vs Huddersfield: Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 3.25 (9/4).
Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).