Birmingham vs Derby
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 22 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: St. Andrew’s Stadium (Birmingham)
The hosts will have a hard time after the last round of the Championship. If Charlton and Luton win their games then all three of them will be equal on points. Then the goal difference will come into play. They have no wins in over 10 games at home in both league and Cup included.
Derby County is losing game after game in the latter part of the competition. They are without a win over five match days. Currently, they are on an active four-game losing run with the latest result coming against the Champions Leeds United.
Birmingham vs Derby: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Rams are unbeaten in seven previous meetings with this opposition.
- The last time Birmingham won this fixture was back in January 2016.
- Their four recent head to head matches had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those games as well.
- Derby has not lost at this ground in any of their visits since 2014.
- The majority of their last eight clashes here saw a score with over 2.5 goals.
- Five of those eight matches also had goals on both ends of the field.
Birmingham vs Derby: Prediction
Even though the hosts are not winning games consistently they have scored in most of their latest matchups. Especially at home, they have scored in their 9 previous competitive games here. Their head to head stats also shows that both of them found the net in the majority of their games here. So we can expect the same on Wednesday as well.
Derby has a clear dominance over the hosts in over 6 years. So the visitors losing is not an option if you ask me. There is a 10 point difference between these two sides in the table. So maybe the hosts will mess up like they did many times before. But since the visitors are on a losing streak it is safe to agree on a Double Chance. So I am backing on a Double Chance for wither a draw or the visitors to win in this one.
Birmingham vs Derby: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Draw or Derby County to win @ 1.46 (5/11).
Both teams to score @ 1.70 (7/10).