Athletic Bilbao vs Apoel Nicosia
UEFA Europa League – Round of 32 , 1st leg
Date: Thursday, 16th February 2017
Kick-Off at 20:05 UK / 21:05 CET
Venue: Estadio San Mames, Bilbao.
Athletic club will welcome Apoel to Estadio de San Mames on Thursday as Apoel aim to get their first Victory against Spanish teams.
Les Leones have recorded a good home outing in Europe this season having won all three of their home games. They got past this stage last season but were defeated by their country men Sevilla in the quarter finals. They will be hoping to extend their winning streak at home to 4 games.
Meanwhile, the Legends of Cyprus continues searching for a win against Spanish sides, having failed in their last 14 attempts. They are featuring in the Europa League spring phase for the first time but have once reached Champions League quarter-finals in 2012.
Athletic Bilbao vs Apoel Nicosia: Head to Head Statistics
- The two sides are meeting for the first against each other.
- Athletic Bilbao have played twice against a Cyprus team, they have won once and lost once in the games.
- Apoel haven’t been lucky in games against Spanish teams, they are win less against Spanish teams having lost 9 times and drawn 5 times against them.
- The Legends have also conceded an alarming 33 goals against Spanish teams but have scored just 9 goals in their 14 fixtures.
- Apoel have lost 6 times on Spanish soil, with their latest defeat being a 1-0 defeat to Barcelona.
Athletic Bilbao vs Apoel Nicosia: Prediction
The Cyprus team will enter this game as the underdogs, having kept poor record against Spanish teams. However, they have improved in their Europa League activities as they recorded 12 points in the group stage which happens to be their highest ever.
Bilbao being the favorites in this game are expected to win though it won’t come easy. We expect the two teams to get on the score sheet with the Spanish side outscoring their visitors.
Athletic Bilbao vs Apoel Nicosia: Bet Tips
Bilbao to win first-half at 1.80 (4/5)
Over 2.5 goals at 1.85 (5/6).