Besiktas vs Ajax
Date: Wednesday, 24 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Vodafone Park.
Despite the presence of Dortmund in the same group, Ajax have raced to the top of the table, and that too with a six-point lead. And now to officially be crowned group champions, they just need one more point.
Still, the team will be keen to keep building momentum. Under the guidance of Erik ten Hag, the young players from Netherlands are determined to become the first European champions from a non top-five league, in a long time.
And to further improve their chances, they are pitted against the worst team in Group C – Besiktas, who are placed dead last in the table with a 100% losing record.
By all means, expect a huge win for Ajax.
Besiktas vs Ajax Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse encounter had ended in a 2-0 win for Ajax.
- They have a 100% winning record over the years, and have scored two or more goals in every single one of these games.
- In fact, the combined scorecard for the past five meetings is 12-2, in their favor.
Besiktas vs Ajax Prediction & Analysis
Besiktas lost 4-0 on the road the last match-day, against Sporting. They had also lost eight of their previous eleven fixtures, and had conceded two or more goals in ten of their past fourteen games.
In fact, their defense has been in such a bad state that it’s been over two months since they managed to keep a clean sheet at home.
On the other hand, Ajax recorded a 1-3 win on the road against Dortmund. They were also unbeaten in 47 of their past 50 matches, and in the process they had gone on two separate seven-game winning streaks, and two separate six-fixture winning stretches.
Taking into account these observations, expect a compelling win for Ajax this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Ajax are at the top of the table with a 100% winning record, and a six-point lead.
- With a 14-2 combined scorecard from their four games, they have scored the most number of goals, as well as have conceded the least.
- Meanwhile, Besiktas are placed bottom-most in the table, and with a 100% losing record they have zero points against their name.
- They have a combined scorecard of 2-12 from their four fixtures, and have scored the least, as well as have conceded the most.
Tips for Besiktas vs Ajax
Ajax +1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 1.75 (3/4).