Belgium vs Egypt
Date: Wednesday, 6th June 2018
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Stade Roi Baudouin, Bruxelles.
Belgium are looking to return on the winning ways and boost up the attacking momentum after being held to a goalless draw by Portugal on Saturday evening. They have two warm-up friendlies remaining ahead of the World Cup in Russia. The first one will be played on Wednesday when another WC contestant Egypt come to visit Stade Roi Baudouin.
The visitors were also in action at the weekend and they, much like their counterparts, played a goalless draw against Colombia. The clash with the attackingly extremely talented Belgian squad is a perfect test for Hector Cuper and his men who are set to open the big stage event with the clash against Uruguay with Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani in the final third.
Belgium vs Egypt: Head-to-head
- Interestingly, it’s Egypt who are 2/2 in H2H matches against Belgium.
- The Red Devils are actually yet to score a goal ahead of their third head to head encounter with the Pharaohs.
- Their first meeting took place back in 1999 when Egypt edged past their rivals 0-1 in a friendly.
- The second clash happened six years later when Pharaohs demolished Belgium 4-0 on the home soil.
Belgium vs Egypt Predictions
Egypt will be without their main star Mohamed Salah who could reportedly be ready for the second-round match against the host nation Russia at the World Cup. We thus have to see Belgium as heavy favourites for the win here even though the hosts will also be without Vincent Kompany who left the pitch after suffering an injury ten minutes into the second half of the friendly with Portugal at the weekend.
Other than Kompany and Axel Witsel, Roberto Martinez does not have issues with injured players as we can expect to see Eden Hazard, Kevin de Bruyne, Dries Mertens and Romelu Lukaku all on the pitch on Wednesday. Egypt should not be dangerous up front without their star man which is why our top betting call would be Belgium to keep the fourth consecutive clean sheet at the 1.66 odds.
Belgium vs Egypt Betting Tips
- Belgium to keep a clean sheet @ 1.66
- HT/FT Belgium/Belgium @ 1.85.