Belenenses vs Tondela
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Tuesday, 1 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Estádio Nacional do Jamor (Lisbon – Oeiras).
As the league is nearing the end the home side is getting closer to the relegation zone. They are just 6 points away from the red zone. The team that finished 9th last season are currently sitting at 14th place. With a 2 match losing streak going on they need to get back to winning ways to keep their chance for survival active. Also, apart from bottom side Aves, they have conceded the most number of goals this season.
Tondela is just a point below their upcoming opponents. They have also lost the last two fixtures and have only one win in their last 5 league outings. The outcome of this tie will not be of any significance as far as the title race is concerned.
Belenenses vs Tondela: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Belenenses is unbeaten in their four previous meetings with this opposition.
- They have kept clean sheets in three of those matches as well.
- Three of those five matches saw a score with less than 2.5 goals.
- The last time Tondela won this fixture was back n October 2017.
- The home team remain unbeaten in the 5 head to head clashes at this ground.
- Three of their latest meetings here ended as draws.
- Tondela has no wins in fur previous matches on the road.
Belenenses vs Tondela: Prediction
Both sides are coming from back to back defeats. The only win for both sides in last 5 fixtures came against Aves who are at the bottom of the table. But the hosts have never lost to this opposition at home soil. The last three head to head matches at this ground ended as stalemates. Considering the poor away for Tondela I think a draw is on the cards.
The home side have been leaking goals easily all season. They have conceded in the three recent matches also. But the visiting attack failed to score in all four of their latest matches on the road. So I am backing a Double Chance for a draw or hosts winning with only one team getting the goals.
Belenenses vs Tondela: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Draw or Belenenses to win @ 1.44 (4/9).
Both teams to score: No @ 1.80 (4/5).