Bayern Munich seek a win when they host Schalke 04 at Alianz Arena on the matchday 30 of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season.
The Bavarians need another 9 points to confirm consecutive league titles and will be eyeing all three points on Saturday evening. Coming on the back of some strong results and second placed Dotmund at a fair distance, Pep Guardiola’s men will have less pressure on them when they welcome the Gelsenkichen based outfit to Allianz Areana.
Schalke on the other hand are 7th in the league with 45 points and a poor run of results have taken them out from the race for a Champions spot next season. They must win this to keep the slightest chances alive, but haven’t done well against Bayern in the past few seasons.
- Bayern Munich are unbeaten in the last 8 matches in all competitions and last 5 in Bundesliga.
- They are coming on the back of 4 consecutive wins and kept a clean sheet in 4 of their last 5 Bundesliga matches.
- Bayern have lost just twice from 29 Bundesliga matches in this season so far and have won 24 out of those.
- At home, the Bavarians have won in 13 of their 14 matches so far and lost once. And they have kept clean sheets in 7 of the last 9 matches.
- Schalke have failed to win their last two matches in the league, with a loss followed by a draw.
- They have just 1 win in their last 4 and managed just 4 points from a possible 12.
- Schalke 04 have not kept a clean sheets in their last 6 Bundesliga matches.
- Schakle’s away form is a poor one and lost the last two and failed to find a goal in both of them. Their form in last 5 away games read 1 win, 1 draw and 3 defeats.
Bayern Munich Team News
Jerome Boateng, Holger Badstuber, Medhi Benatia and Arjen Robben are sidelined due to their respective injuries.
Anchorman Xabi Alonso is suspended and Arturo Vidal is an automatic replacement for the experienced Spaniard.
Javi Martinez is fully fit and could come in at center of defense of midfield if Pep decides to give rest to one of those players who took part in midweek Champions League draw against Benfica.
Bayern Munich Predicted Line-up (4-1-4-1):
Lahm, Kimmich, Alaba, Bernat
Ribery, Thiago, Muller, Costa
Schalke Team News
Atsuto Uchida, Benedikt Höwedes, Sidney Sam and Leon Goretzka are out with injuries for the Gelsenkirchen side. Sead Kolasinac is suspended for the trip to Munich, while Matija Nastasic is a dount and will be assessed close to the kick-off.
Schalke Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1):
Caicara, Matip, Neustader, Aogo
Sane, Meyer, Schopf
Bayern Munich vs Schalke : Head-to-Head stats
- Bayern Munich are unbeaten in the last 10 Bundesliga meetings against Schalke with 8 wins and 2 draws.
- Schalke’s last win against Bayern was a 2-0 home win in the December of 2012/13 Bundesliga season.
- At home, Bayern are undefeated in the last 6 matches with 4 wins and 2 draws. However, Schalke have managed to hold Bayern to 1-1 draw in their last visit to the Allianz Arena.
Bayern Munich vs Schalke: Prediction
This could be a straight forward win for Bayern Munich against a poor Schalke side. Bayern Munich have struggled to find goals in the recent matches, but came to life at Stuttgart in the 3-1 win last weekend. And this is expected to continue here, despite Bayern not being at their usual best.
I predict Bayern Munich to beat Schalke 3-1 and the record German Champions will be looking at another 6 points to make the Bundesliga title theirs from their remaining 4 matches.